Jun 10, 2020
Below are the questions we asked Dr. Paraic Kenny about genomic
sequencing and COVID-19
- First before we get into COVID-19 Dr. Kenney could you tell us
about yourself. It certainly is impressive that you have your own
lab. Kenny Lab, What got you
interested in health and medicine not to mention
- On to COVID-19 when did you first start thinking this virus was
going to be a big problem? · What was the genesis of the study to
better under stand COVID-19 strains?
- How did you get involved with the local health department (La
Cross Public Health Department)?
- We know that you have international partners in this endeavor?
How did this come about?
- What have you learned thus far about the novel coronavirus
- Dr. Kenney we have heard that there are a number of SARS-CoV-2
strains—can you update the TrialSite Network audience—how many
strains of SARS-CoV-2 are there? Are some more potent or dangerous
- Do all the strains originate from Wuhan China? Is that
- Based on your tests and investigation has any material
strategies changed there at Gunderson in relation to COVID-19
- How far along is this type of testing and analysis coming along
across the United States?
- What are the implications for what you have accomplished thus
- Gunderson Health System has a great reputation—could you name
three things that make it stand apart for other researchers to
- Any parting words of wisdom for other researchers interested in
similar pursuits? Any collaborations for them to consider